GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The 10 most influential albums of the past 10 years?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 6

Post Post subject: The 10 most influential albums of the past 10 years? Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:07 am
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done ladies... erm... I mean chaps! Razz (Damn, that'll be a kickin' on the mIRC). Bloody good article, like it when there is summat a bit different to read... can't really complain, as I've only heard 'Vorsprung Dyk Technic' and 'ISOS2'.

Sasha is pretty big I spose... so I'll let you off he's on there 3 times! Razz
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:58 pm
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Yep....good article...must have taken you ladies Wink long to pick a top 10 from your large collections.

I only have Mezzazine and ISOS2 myself...so I don't know if you chosen the best ones Razz

But I have to trust you on this one....hehe...

I see you have Sasha on 3 of the cd's...just wanted to mention that I read a review of his latest album in a Norwegian newspaper....it was given the rating 2/6....as he found it very boring and with a lack of innovation....
Guess the reviewer is a fan of rock'n'roll or somthing Rolling Eyes
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:02 pm
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 4.50

Member #: 1,689

Anything Sasha & Digweed brought is influential no doubt about that, from Renaissance to the first Northern Exposure which was the beginning of a huge movement (Progressive), these two started it all.
Massive Attack - Mezzanine is a great choice, it inspired many great musicians one of my favourite cds. Hybrid's album is way ahead of its time, Wide Angle is a revolutionary work. ISOS2, GU013 Ibiza, definitely worth the mention. Overall its a fair list.

Last edited by kuRtis248 on Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:11 pm
trisco

Dominating the Dancefloor

Vibes: 0.24

Member #: 1,824

i think you have selected a good few albums there.. but i feel that GU009 is possibly high ranked in 10.. as we have heard it was make or break on that album..it was a success...and now look at GU and its success..dont know where id be without it Rolling Eyes
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:05 pm
djsnow30461
Tommy
Regular Clubber

Vibes: 6.63

Member #: 4,734

Great great article! I have to say I was definetly expecting Tiesto, PVD, and Digweed to be on there because they are some of the greatest.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:02 pm
RayvinAzn
Progressive like Tomiie
i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 87.01

Member #: 3,469

Overall, I wouldn't disagree too much with the list made by Kevin and TrigaX, but I do have *one* question: How was Oakenfold's Tranceport not mentioned? I own most of the CD's on the list, and the only one I don't own (Sasha & Digweed's Renaissance, sadly enough) I have heard through a friend.

But like I said, I can't contest with most of the CD's on the list, and the only one I only have the slightest bit of disagreement with is Massive Attack, but that's only minor. Ah well, you chose what you chose, and I must say, you both did a top-notch job with it.

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:17 am
thrumbolt

Vibes: 0.26

Member #: 5,435

Nice list!.. I own them all, But! I can't believe you didn't include Underworld's "DubNoBassWithMyHeadMan" album from '93, to me this was a genre re-defining moment in dance music - even before the most excellent Leftism album hit the shelves.. "Dark & Long" anyone ?? Maybe I am just getting old... Wink

Jason
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:34 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> What is... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: