GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
About forum pages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raynbo
Spinning Dreamer
Podium Dancer

Vibes: 18.84

Member #: 4,303

Post Post subject: About forum pages. Reply with quote

Hey. For these long 50+ page forums, maybe there can be like a menu at the bottom or top of the page with each of the pages in it so you can quickly jump to a certain one. Otherwise you have to click 200 times to get anywhere! lol
Great site otherwise, Raynbo

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...not sure if I understand what you want....

there's allready shortlinks for each sub-page with named 1,2,3,4,5 etc., both in the topic and in the topic-list (below topic,title).
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:38 pm
raynbo
Spinning Dreamer
Podium Dancer

True enough, but once you get past 5 pages, like the general music forum, it goes from 5 to 50. In between you just have to keep clicking next.
Raynbo

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Trancemaster
H2 + O = H2O :)
Bar Manager

Vibes: 33.93

Member #: 2,317

raynbo wrote:
True enough, but once you get past 5 pages, like the general music forum, it goes from 5 to 50. In between you just have to keep clicking next.
Raynbo

jepps enoying!

I See the Music, I Hear the Light
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

hmm...not sure if i want to do anything about that....if we keep ALL sub-pages listed when there's 50-60 of them it will be several lines of those links...

as a little hack you can change the url manually though...just try opening page 5 or something and look at the address-line in your browser...and just change the number up there telling what posts your're looking at Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:47 am
Trancemaster
H2 + O = H2O :)
Bar Manager

Vibes: 33.93

Member #: 2,317

Stream wrote:
hmm...not sure if i want to do anything about that....if we keep ALL sub-pages listed when there's 50-60 of them it will be several lines of those links...

as a little hack you can change the url manually though...just try opening page 5 or something and look at the address-line in your browser...and just change the number up there telling what posts your're looking at Smile

I need a calculator then Razz

I See the Music, I Hear the Light
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:09 am
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
raynbo
Spinning Dreamer
Podium Dancer

That's a thought, about the address box. Thanks.
No, the format I was talking about actually is like the boxes you have at the bottom of the page that say "display posts from" and you can scroll in those and change the display. But instead of that it might say something like "jump to page" and you could scroll to a page. I would hate all the links on the page too, lots of sites have those and it takes ages to get to the actual messages!
lol Sorry if I've confused anyone and I will try your idea next time.
Raynbo

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:40 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Site Feedback and Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: