GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Demo CD..How is it done properly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ELEphANT

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 2,867

Post Post subject: Demo CD..How is it done properly? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how to lay out my tunes on a cd for demo purposes, or point me in the right direction?..........thanx
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:46 pm
[3-F]

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 3,153

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

the key is good presentation. they are more likely to take notice of something that looks good instead of putting it to one side and forgetting about it. so a good cover is essential Smile

as far as the tracks are concerned, put no more than 3 or 4 tracks on your CD, starting with your best work (so they dont hear something not so good and ditch it Smile )

its also very important to put all contact info (mobile, email, home address) in the sleeve (and on the CD is possible as the two may get separated), as well as making sure you own the copyright for the track. now im not sure what its like in other countries, but in the UK all this needs is for you to send your CD to yourself via some form of registered post where you get a receipt. or you can put a copy in a safety deposit box at a bank (also remember to keep the receipt in a safe place). clearly mark what tracks are on the CD beforehand.

so another thing that has to be on the sleeve (and the CD) is the copyright statement.

another thing to include is a small history about yourself, who your influenced by etc etc.

hope this helps Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:59 pm
Lightworks
Wim
Ruling the Dancefloor

Vibes: 2.69

Member #: 691

Post Post subject: Re: Demo CD..How is it done properly? Reply with quote

Well, 3-F got pretty much everything covered here Wink
Make sure, if you're not in direct contact with the record company by email or so, that you 'request receipt', so you'll get a message they've safely received it. And thus, you're safe knowing your CD is in their hands, even if they don't contact you immediately.

All the rest seems obvious :
- good presentation, cover
- small booklet to describe contents of the cd (tracks, time, genre maybe,...)
- all of your contact info (home adress, phone, cellphone, email,...)

Greetz,
LW

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Music Production and DJ Mix Promotion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: