GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sean McClellan - Times Up E.P - (Source Of Gravity) Release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Artist and Label News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twistedvinyl

Dancefloor Maniac

Vibes: 47.40

Member #: 9,052

Post Post subject: Sean McClellan - Times Up E.P - (Source Of Gravity) Release Reply with quote

Artist: Sean McClellan
Title: 'Time Up E.P'
Mix/es : Cruel Intention / Big Scoop / Out Of The Box / Big Scoop - C.O.U. Muzik's Ice Deluxe Mix Feat Hannah
Label: Source of Gravity Digital
Cat: SofGDigi020

Release Review

Sean McClellan is an East Coast DJ/producer who has been a pioneer of the underground progressive sound that is spread across the globe. From playing at events in his hometown Charlotte, NC to venues across the East Coast, as well as several gigs in the UK, Sean has made his prescence felt. In 2001, Sean formed KVK with Gordon Carpenter for his electronic aspirations. In September 2002 Deep Isolation was released on Gravitation Records and reached the Top 10 on the Balance Record charts. Two years later, Reality Theory was picked up by Bedrock Breaks receiving massive support from the likes of Jonathan Lisle, John Digweed, Hernan Cattaneo, and Anthony Pappa. Reality Theory was also featured on two compilations: Anthony Pappa Balance 006 and Layered Sounds 2. KVK has also seen releases with Silver Planet, Vinyl Vice and Sentient Audio Collective Sean is still involved with KVK but is also starting to branch out with his own style of Electronica that will surely appeal to most any fanatic. Substance, passion and emotion are words he wants to instill in the psyche of his audience.

This fine EP is his first solo artist release, following on from excellent remixes for Source of Gravity of Orchid, Sterio & McGrath & Anderson & Davison. Enjoy this slice of southern hospitality from NC's finest....

Out Of The Box - Stomping 4/4 beats bring you in with some sweeping synths then accompanied by a very bouncy club friendly bassline with a slight hint of electro, spaced out breakdown with some cool fx to bring everything back in with tons of melodies for the ear to catch onto until the outro.

Big Scoop - hard 4/4 beats enter with some guitar like fx chopping you up until the bassline comes and takes you to romper room heaven. Once in the breakdown you will get a nice build up before putting those hands in the air and moving your ass! Peak Time Prorgressive Trance at its Finest!

Cruel Intentions - This track has a little for the old school and a little for the new. 4/4 beats enter the mix with some cool percussion fx then you are fed another cub friendly bassline to get you moving as the synths and melodies are introduced. Slight breakbeat breakdown with some offset percussion timing brings you back into a gatted vocal and melodies throughout.

Sean McClellan's 'Big Scoop' C.O.U. Muzik's Ice Deluxe Mix Feat Hannah ..... C.O.U Muzik take the original totally apart, stripping if down and adding their COU touch with a big fat bassline, giving it an housey feel with and old skool style piano and vocals that sit sweetly provided by hannah...not only is this track dark & groovy, it's also uplifting and is sure to move any floor!!

Hit Picture below to be taken to Paul Van Dyk's Digital Download Store to purchase your pre-release copy now!!!

More outlet's for this release will follow very shortly

Reaction Key Points:

Bedrock, Silver Planet, Source of Gravity Records, Gravitation Records and Vinyl Vice artist

DJ Support: Tini Tun, d Pen, Darin Eplison, Ariel Cybana, Samer, Blue Room Project, Arjun, Dj Tekes,Thee-o, Flash Brothers, Villo, Kevin Shiu, Sasha Le Monnier

Record Pool Support: Richmond Records Pool charted no 23. The " Big Scoop " Remix also reaching no 35 at Release Promo Pool 30th July & Balance Records Pool Chart no 44 weekending 17th July

Radio plays: Frisky Radio, Proton Radio, Rotationz Radio, www.clubiom.co.uk Energy FM, Dance Radio Gr, Di.FM

International Support: USA, Canada, Costa Rica, Belgium, UK, Puerto Rico, Greece, Mexico, Italy,Lithuania,

Previous Sean McClellan releases on Source of Gravity/Gravitation as KVK, 4th Orbit and remixes of Orchid, Sterio & McGrath & Davison & Anderson

Catch Sean on Frisky Radio www.friskyradio.com 6-8pm PST.
http://www.friskyradio.com/shows/?id=92

http://www.myspace.com/djseanmcclellan
http://www.myspace.com/coumuzik

http://www.sourceofgravity.com
http://www.myspace.com/sourceofgravity

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:09 pm
twistedvinyl

Dancefloor Maniac

Vibes: 47.40

Member #: 9,052

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some of the feedback from the promo's!!

Just wanted to say I enjoyed his single. Good production and
melodic synths.
Thank you for sending it over!
Ariel Cybana

Hello and thank you for the tracks!! this is a really nice EP , i am diggin it..
dPen

i thought the 1st ep you sent me was good, not my style really but i can
apreciate it for the production and can see how it would work in the right
environment
keep em coming
cheers mate
Jon Woodall

I loved Sean's E.P, He is so creative i never know what he will do next!
Samer Salhab (Pangea Recordings)

Tini Tun (Mexico)
Rating: 9/10
Reaction: Good

Deep C [Tigerhook Corp] (United States)
Rating: 8/10
Reaction: Very Good

Glenn Bennison (United States)Rating: 7
Reaction: Very Good
Radio Play: yes
Favorite Mix: Big Scoop
Comments: Tons of great energy. A hug track for me at the moment.

really liking this Remix ... melodic prog .. nice one Smile
cheers
Arjun (J a l e b e e C a r t e l )

"Excellent remix. The track constantly pushes forward with a lovely sinister bassline and an upside with the vocals. 9/10" -
Jeff Belfi aka Blue Room Project

I really like your remix of big scoop, good housey touch to a good original. I like that vocal sample =). Nice
piano too. I really dig this track.
-Hadi burpee

C.O.U, Muzik Remix -very good 9/10 - Tini Tun (Mexico)

C.O.U. Muzik Remix -very good 8/10 - DJ Tekes [Kabuto&Koji] (Costa Rica)

nice proggy track, enjoyed - Thee-o (United States)

Very cool EPIC piano style the C.O.U. Muzik remix reminding us of the early progressive sound of the mid 90's. Cool!
Flash Brothers

C.O.U. Muzik Remix - good 7/10 - Villo (United States)

C.O.U. Muzik Remix - Good bassline,I will give this a good play for sure.Thank you - Kevin Shiu (Canada)

9/10 for C.O.U. Muzik remix Is that a lil' Primal Scream piano riff I'm hearing there - great o ld-school middle-of-the-night blowin'-up track - Dave Brock The Blue Room @ Bourbon St. Station

C.O.U Muzik Remix 8/10 very good Awesome bassline's - Marius Ivanoff Flash Magazine/Alliance Promotion/Club Global
wowo a cool as fuck track the remix, nice and groovy good and smooth!! 8/10 - Alexi

The C.O.U. Remix is cool progressive with elements of electro and nice vocal 8/10 - Dj Rafa

For more details on these releases, check out our new forum hereNEW SOURCE FORUM HERE!!

Sean McCLellan aka KVK - Times Up E.P - (Source Of Gravity) SofGDigi020

Hadi Burpee -Bittersweet Life E.P - (Source Of Gravity) SofGDigi019

These tracks are now available to purchase @ these stores below.

Junodownload.com

Beatport.com

3beatdigital.com

Audiojelly.com

Vonyc.com

Play Digital.com

aswell as many other outlet's with digital download!

Thanks for all the support Smile

Also stop by the SOURCE OF GRAVITY'S NEW MESSAGE BOARD!! for all the latest feedback with regards to the releases and also you can download the latest dj set's free from all the Source members!!

Chris Sterio
Sean McClellan
Section 75 aka Lee Pennington
Sasha Le Monnier
Tim Mills
Chad McNeely
hadi burpee

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:33 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Artist and Label News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: