GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tomonari & Tommy Pi - C Sharp 2005 [Skywarp Records]

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Review Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
[i:Vibes] System

System Role

Vibes: 0.00

Joined: 01 May 2001
Member #: 6
Posts: 9496

Post Post subject: Tomonari & Tommy Pi - C Sharp 2005 [Skywarp Records] Reply with quote

Discuss this [i:Vibes] article here!

[i][b]Article teaser:[/b][/i]
Monster! Monster! The return of the Monster! Read on!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:45 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Member #: 3,192
Posts: 2753
Location: Canada

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only heard the Mike Shiver remix. You're dead on when you say it sounds like an AvB mix - if I didn't know it was Mike Shiver, I would have guessed it was an Armin track.
Another nice thing is that it's an actual remix, it didn't just add a string here and take out a string there so it sounds like the original.
But overall, I'd agree, nothing too spectacular here, well-made to be sure, but not hugely great.

I wish they'd do a new version of Shaken not Stirred - I like that one better than C-Sharp.

_________________
Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:24 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJLifeAndDeath

i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 74.33

Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Member #: 4,647
Posts: 484

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Sam! Spot on matey lol

I loved Shaken Not Stirred!! I'm actually hoping no one butchers it!! Listening The only person I'd like see update that tune is Benno himself.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:09 pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Member #: 3,192
Posts: 2753
Location: Canada

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

DJLifeAndDeath wrote:
I'm actually hoping no one butchers it!! Listening The only person I'd like see update that tune is Benno himself.


Yeah, a lot of these new versions don't really add anything, they just contribute to the sense of creative bankrupcy I think is around sometimes.

_________________
Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:39 am
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Review Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
i:Vibes Store Beatport LLC visit djdownload.com


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group