Tokyo Offshore Project is the brainchild of Japanese musician Kiyoshi Miyaura alongside Frankie Valentine and Simon Lovejoy...
2 DJs and producers who were instrumental in the underground UK house and electronica scene of the 90s. The trio can truly claim to be electronic music pioneers, having worked with the likes of DJ Harvey, Björk, Carl Cox, Bootsy Collins and Tony Allen between them.
Tokyo Offshore Project was the short-lived but genuinely forwardthinking project of Miyaura, Valentine and Lovejoy which took place between 1990 and 1995, and Theatrical Techno Illustrated brings together 11 tracks of the trio’s best work for the first time, including three previously unreleased tracks.
From the organ-driven house groove of ‘Hyperfunk’ to the breakbeat of ‘Magic Melody’, Theatrical Techno Illustrated is a collection that sounds as relevant and fresh now as when the tracks were written.
1. Hyperfunk (Remix) - Tokyo Offshore Project
2. Cornelia - Tokyo Offshore Project
3. Rift - Tokyo Offshore Project
4. Aerotek - Tokyo Offshore Project
5. Running Thunder - Tokyo Offshore Project
6. Sync U - Tokyo Offshore Project
7. Magic Melody - Tokyo Offshore Project
8. Whisper - Tokyo Offshore Project
9. Cornelius - Tokyo Offshore Project
10. Children of the Rainbow - Tokyo Offshore Project
11. Solitaire - Tokyo Offshore Project